National Student Exchange Planning Tips
- Discuss NSE participation with your family and friends, and win their support.
- Talk with former exchange participants and visiting NSE students.
- Create a reasonable timetable so that you can reach planning goals and meet deadlines comfortably.
- Use the checklist on the back inside cover of the NSE Directory to help you stay organized.
- Create a budget for your exchange.
- Discuss any exchange-related issues or concerns with the NSE coordinator.
- If receiving financial aid, submit your FAFSA by February 15th and be sure to include any campuses you are considering for exchange.
- Juniors and seniors should meet with their advisors to complete a major contract before applying to confirm which major requirements can be satisfied elsewhere.
- Seniors should apply for graduation at least one semester prior to going on exchange in order to receive a degree check before registering at the “host” campus.
- Seniors should meet the Graduate Writing Proficiency requirement (GWPE) prior to leaving if they intend to complete their final year while on exchange.