Undecided Students / Exploring Majors
Many students are undecided about their major or make changes along the way to getting a degree. We are here to help you explore your options! All “undeclared” majors will be assigned an advisor in the Advising Center. We will work with you to select courses that will satisfy general education and all-university requirements while you get comfortable with your new surroundings and begin to open your eyes, minds, and hearts to all the possibilities of Humboldt’s outstanding academic programs. We will help you clarify your personal goals, discover your values and interests, commit to the academic program that’s right for you, and establish patterns for college and career success. We are excited to work with you!
For Undeclared Students who have completed 60 units:
Starting Fall 2011 you will be required to declare a major by the time you have completed 60 units. A registration hold will be placed on your Student Center until you turn in a Change of Major form to the Office of the Registrar.
- Explore majors! Steps to get started [pdf]
- Career Center: "What Can I Do With This Major?"
- Introductory Courses for Majors [pdf]
- (GEAR) Planning Guide & Academic Planning Summary [pdf]
- Multi-year Course Planner
- College of the Redwoods Course Transfer Guide [pdf]
Visit Us Soon!
- Walk-in Advising: Monday - Friday, 10am - 3pm
or by appointment
- SBS 295
- Phone (707) 826-5224
- email: email@example.com