Biology Core Facilities
Injury and Illness Prevention Program
Note: The following does not replace IIPP training.
1. Get a binder and division sheets with tabs
2. Print this document and place at front of binder. Read.
3. Open this (the IIPP template) and (Hazard Communication). Enter appropriate information in highlighted areas. Print and place in binder.
4.Print the following forms and create binder tab for each.
-Hazard Identification and reporting
-Injury Reporting Forms
a.All employee -General Safety Form
a.General Inspection Form
2. Identify the hazards using the Hazard Identification and Inspection Forms.
3. Correct hazardous situations.
3. Train and document using supervisor, department or campus safety trainings. Use Training Forms as appropriate.
As per the HSU IIPP this will fulfill the minimum requirements for the written portion of the program.
Continue development of the plan.
Update and customize the plan, forms and documents as changes occur or better information is collected to ensure current information on hazard assessments and employee training and safety.
Contact Anthony.Baker@humboldt.edu if you need assistance or would like Word files for the .pdf's.
For detailed information see: http://www.humboldt.edu/ehos/iip.html