Students in the Biological Sciences department are famously motivated to succeed. One way in which they do that is through the various clubs associated with biology. Take a minute to browse through the websites created by the students who lead the many clubs in our department.
- Biology Graduate Student Association - Resources for our grad students
- Cellular/Molecular Biology Club - For all biological science students. Contact Dr. Amy Sprowles for details. Club meets on Mondays @ 5pm in SciB 133.
- HSU Pre-Med Club - For students preparing to enter medical school. Contact Dr. Jacob Varkey for details. Club meets most Mondays @ 5pm in HGH 226.
- HSU Botany Club - For students interested in botany!
- CeNCOOS -
This organization is part of a larger Integrated Ocean Observing System run by NOAA across the entire country
- CIRM - Funded by a $1.6 million dollar grant from the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), the HSU-CIRM Scholars Program is designed to train motivated students for careers in the fields of stem cell biology and regenerative medicine
- Northcoast Math & Science Initiative - A higher ed and public schools partnership
- Redwood Science Project - Providing coaching and mentoring in science teaching