Diversity at HSU: Spring 2013 Art and Essay Contest
DEADLINE FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION: MARCH 7, 2013 5PM
All currently enrolled HSU students are invited to participate in this contest. There is a limit of one submission per person.
- 500 words or less
- Both essays and other written formats (poetry, prose, etc.) will be considered
- Submissions must be typed and double-spaced (exceptions considered for poetry or other non-essay formats)
- Drawings, paintings, prints, photographs, computer graphics (must be submitted as PDF)
- Three-dimensional art will be considered but must be photographed and submitted as a PDF
- Artwork must be printable to one 8 ½ x11-inch page
- Audio and video entries will be considered for publication on our website. Length limit: 5 minutes. Post your entry to an audio or video sharing site and provide us with the link when you complete the submission form.
- All artistic submissions must be accompanied by a brief description (150 words or less) of your piece, which explains how your art connects to our theme of diversity at HSU.
- Note: artwork published in the Dissecting Diversity Report will primarily be printed in black and white.
All submissions must be in PDF format. Writers and artists must be willing and available to collaborate on edits and revisions with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion between March and May 2013. Awards will be granted after a final version of the piece has been submitted.
** Creators of winning entries may choose to publish their piece using a pseudonym (fake name) in order to protect their identities.**
We encourage: Honesty ● Creativity ● Critical thought ● Constructive critique● Collaborative projects