Inclusive Excellence in Professional Studies
- Incorporating Diversity into a History of Psychology Course (PDF) – From Branche, J. etal. Cultural Diversity Across the Curriculum. (2007). Overview of one professor’s motivation and efforts to modify a course with an eye toward diversity and multiculturalism.
- Discovering Diversity in Introductory Economics (PDF) – Bartlett, R.L. The Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 10, No. 2 (Spring 1996). Describes the value of incorporating race, gender, and diverse perspectives in introductory economics courses, and offers texts, resources and strategies.
- Diversity in Management and Marketing (PDF) – Hazen, M. A. and Higby, M.A. Journal of Management Education. (Jun 2005; 29, 3). Overview of interdisciplinary MBA course that includes a list of implications for instructors interested in incorporating diversity in business-related courses.
- Strategies for Developing a Critical Perspective About Business and Management Communication (PDF) – Cokcburn-Wootten, C. and Cockburn, T. Business Communication Quarterly, Vol. 74, No. 1 (March 2011). Focuses on teachers interested in integrating critical perspectives about business communication into their courses.
Have you or one of your colleagues transformed a course with an eye toward diversity and inclusion? We would like to post updated syllabi as resources for others! Please email it to us by clicking here.
- Managing Diversity. College of Charleston, School of Business and Economics. Dr. Rene Dentiste Mueller.
- Diversity Awareness for Business. The University of Iowa, College of Business. Todd Parks and Carlos Serrato.
- Multicultural Psychology. Widener University, Psychology Department. Lori Simons, Ph.D.