Attend this three-day course on the Klamath River with Karuk herbalists
and indigenous basket weavers...
an incredible opportunity!
April 26-28, 2013
1 unit credit (optional) in either
ANTH 485 or EMP 480 for additional fee
Instructors: Leslie VanderMolen & Frank Lake
- Gain experience in indigenous plant use.
- Interact one-on-one with basket weavers and herbalists.
- Help collect basket making materials, medicinal herbs and foods from local plants.
- Discuss indigenous life ways in relation to the local environment.
- See a native plants garden and basket displays.
- Attend an evening of Karuk storytelling and a potluck dinner with the basket weavers.