- Peters, Josephine and Beverly Ortiz. After the First Full Moon in April: a Sourcebook of Herbal Medicine from a California Indian Elder. Left Coast Press Inc., Walnut Creek, CA. 2010. (Available at Northtown Books, Arcata)
* = Available at HSU Library
• = Available for purchase at the Clarke Historical Museum, Eureka
* • McCovey, Mavis and Salter, John F. Medicine Trails: A Life in Many Worlds. Green Press. 2009.
* • Bell, Maureen. Karuk: The Upriver People. Naturegraph Publishers, Happy Camp, Calif. 1994.
• Clarke Memorial Museum. Baskets & Weavers. 1996. Local tribes: Karuk, Yurok, Hupa, Wiyot.
* • Clarke Memorial Museum. The Hover Collection of Karuk Baskets. 1985.
* Heffner, Kathy. Following the Smoke: Contemporary Plant Procurement by the Indians of Northwest California. Six Rivers National Forest, Eureka, 1984.
* Hendryx, Michael. Plants and the People: The Ethnobotany of the Karuk Tribe. Also available at the Siskiyou County Museum, Yreka, CA. 1991. An extensive list of the botanicals used by the Karuk. This work includes descriptions, drawings, scientific names, common names, and uses of botanicals.
• O’Neale, Lila M. Yurok-Karok Basket Weavers. U.C. Berkeley. 1995.
* Risling, Carolyn. Basketmaking Among the Karuk. Humboldt Room, HSU Library.