This affordable program offers a practical education for nonprofit organizations, development departments and individuals interested in creating or strengthening fundraising efforts. The courses will help participants develop a more comprehensive view of nonprofit fundraising, explore principles of fundraising, case statements, fundraising strategies, donor development and engagement, annual campaigns, major gift campaigns and special events.
A certificate will be awarded with completion of the four courses and one NorCAN workshop in the emphasis of your choice.
- Discover best practices in fundraising for nonprofits
- Learn from seasoned fundraisers who understand your organization’s needs and know how to get results
- Enhance your career with knowledge and skills that can be utilized on the job immediately
- Network with a community of fundraising professionals from a variety of organizations
As a result of this program, the goal is that participants will:
- Be responsible and ethical fund-raising program managers.
- Possess the tools and techniques for carrying out cultivation and solicitation programs for every source of potential support.
- Understand that fundraising is a multi-dimensional program.
- Be able to identify specific donor markets and develop appropriate, targeted cultivation and solicitation programs.
- Understand how to make boards more effective in their role and employ strategies to develop board competency.
- Know how to work with volunteers and staff to build a team.
- Have the tools for strategic planning and understand its implementation.
- Develop a passion for fund raising and the nonprofit sector.
Each course is comprised of four weekly evening meetings (6-8 p.m.) with a combination of lecture, interactive exercises and discussion groups. Courses can be taken consecutively to earn a certificate or individually for professional development in a specific subject area.
To earn a certificate of completion, participants must attend all four core courses plus one Northern California Association of Nonprofits (NorCAN) workshop in the emphasis of your choice.