Skip to Content
Employee Frequently Asked Questions
How do I correct an absence I have entered?
- An employee can correct an absence up to the point when the supervisor approves the absence. Simply delete the entry using the trash can symbol. If the supervisor has already approved then the supervisor must delete. When in “Report and View Absences,” make sure that the “From” and “Through” dates are appropriate for the period you are reviewing. Click on the “Absence Status” hyperlink for “Existing Absence Events” to see details about the status.
How do I see the status of the time I have submitted? Has my supervisor approved?
- When in “Report and View Absences,” make sure that the “From” and “Through” dates are appropriate for the period you are reviewing. Click on the “Absence Status” hyperlink for “Existing Absence Events” to see details about the status. Every status changes is time stamped and recorded including the supervisor approval of an absence. See the screen shot above.
Why isn’t the “Absence Duration” correct for a full-day absence?
- The Absence Management system requires input of schedules to determine absence reporting on specific days. The Absence Management system defines a schedule as the number of hours worked on specific days during the week. If your schedule is incorrect in the system then the absence duration will not be correct. View your schedule then submit a Notice of Work Schedule form if a change is needed.
How do I view my schedule?
How do I enter an absence for a prior absence period?
- Through AMSS when adding an absence to a period where other absences exit.
- Submit a “Correcting” paper absence sheet that represents all time for the absence period when:
- adding an absence to a period where “No Leave Taken” was used
- trying to delete an absence once the “Absence Status” has changed to “Finalized”
Does a paper absence sheet still need to be used?
Skip to Navigation
- A paper absence sheet will need to be submitted through December 2012 in addition to electronic submission of absences. After that, a paper absence sheet is still needed for certain circumstances such as:
- Reporting a dock by the 15th of the month to avoid overpayment,
- Special leaves being coordinated through the Employee Leaves or Workers’ Compensation programs,
- When adding an absence to a finalized prior period where “No Leave Taken” was initially reported, or
- When deleting an absence from a finalized prior period.
- Academic Year (AY) faculty leave/absence reporting.
- Intermittent Employees Reporting hours worked.
When changing the absences reported previously, write on the top of the absence sheet "REVISED" and be sure to include all absences taken during the pay period (not just the changes).