If you are applying to Humboldt State University and need assistance or have questions, please feel free to give us a call.
After you are accepted to Humboldt State University, don't forget to sign up for a Humboldt Orientation Program session. HSU should send you information on how to sign up.
Once you have gotten an ITEPP application there are a few things you need to do:
- Fill out the application
- Write a personal biographical essay. This essay should include information about yourself and your activities in the American Indian community (if any). You may also include why you want to be an ITEPP student, what you will bring to the program and how participation in the program will benefit you.
- Provide a personal reference; include person's name, phone number, address & Email (if available).
- Provide an academic reference, include person's name, phone number, address & Email (if available).
- Obtain a copy (may be unofficial) of your transcripts. If you are a high school student, send your high school transcripts. If you are a transfer student; send your college transcripts.
- Provide documentation of American Indian or Alaskan Native political status. The most direct form would be your tribal I.D. card, but we will accept other documentation. If you are in doubt about your status, send as much written documentation as you can to support your claim. Participation in ITEPP is based on the unique political status of federally recognized American Indians/Alaska Natives and their descendants.
- Send all of this information to ITEPP as soon as possible.
- If you need financial assistance to take part in higher education you must first start by submitting a Free application For Student Aid (FAFSA) online.