QuickLinks

Data Warehouse Leadership Team

Get Help

Online: Request Help
Phone: (707) 826-HELP (4357)
Email: help@humboldt [dot] edu
In Person: Library 120 • Hours
Reset HSU Password
System Status

Services For

Data Warehouse Leadership Team :: Meeting Notes and Handouts, August 15, 2013

Printer-friendly versionSend to friendPDF version

 Attendees

Leadership Team Member Representing In Attendance
Joyce Lopes Vice President, Administrative Affairs X
Volga Koval Academic Affairs Data Expert X
Dale Sanford Student Affairs Data Expert X
Amber Blakeslee Administrative Affairs Data Expert X
Sandra Joubert-Amiel University Advancement Data Expert  
Denise Giltzow Human Resources X
Melissa Koval Academic Personnel Services X
Jacqueline Honda Institutional Research  
Anna Kircher Chief Information Officer X
Staff to the Leadership Team Representing  
Ronda Stemach Systems Analyst, Enterprise Data Management X
Ward Headstrom Systems Analyst, Institutional Research  
Josh Callahan Director, Enterprise Technology X
Bethany Rizzardi Director, Information Systems  
Additional Participants Representing  
Teal Sexton University Budget Office X
John Filce Institutional Research X
Phil Rouse Process Improvement X
Travis Williams Advancement X

 

Agenda Topics and Meeting Summary

1. Team Progress Review & Next Steps:

Subgroup A: Define what data is available and not; what data is connected and what we’d like to connect.

  • The Datadev website has been developed, and is ready to be filled out with more data sources, links, tags, etc.
  • Before opening up the website for contribution from other campus groups, DWLT members will each review and add to the site. Deadline for committee member contribution: August 30th.
  • Subgroup A, plus John Filce, will reconvene early September to start ‘connecting the dots’ between the two subgroups.

Subgroup B: Address process for asking/vetting, prioritizing, and providing informational tools.

  • The main form has been developed and Role assignments (vis-à-vis form notifications) have been discussed.
  • Each area (e.g. Finance, HR. etc.) will have a sub-form within the main form.

2. Communicating Progress to Campus:

  • The committee brainstormed best methods for disseminating information to campus. Ideas include: developing a service description, targeted announcements, video demonstrations, and visual representations for process roles and process workflow.
  • An employee count report may serve as a good first exemplar report to make available to the public.
  • The committee will establish a common vision for process flow, and will present this project to the campus in stages while continuing to communicate the ongoing process/vision.

3. Next Meeting:

The next meeting is scheduled for Friday, September 6th, 9:00-10:00am in NHE 116. The meeting scheduled for August 28th has been cancelled.

Next Agenda:

  • Subgroup A will report on the website inventory progress.
  • Subgroup B will report on their continuing review of forms and roles.

 

 

feedback