Humboldt State University recommends using the SSH Secure Shell application for Windows because it supports secure file transfer connections. You will need to have SSH Secure Shell installed before proceeding. The following instructions are based on SSH Secure Shell 3.2.2.
Please note that command line (terminal or SSH) access is not permitted on this server.
- Open SSH Secure File Transfer.
- Click "Quick Connect" on the toolbar.
- Enter the following information:
- Host Name: users.humboldt.edu
- User Name: Your HSU UserName (i.e. abc123)
- Click "Connect"
- If prompted, click "Yes" to save the identifying host key.
- Enter your HSU password
- Save this connection information so that you can easily call it up the next time you need to use it. Here's how:
- Click File > Profiles > Add Profile
- Name your connection (HSU Network Folder or something easily identifiable).
- Click "Add to Profiles"
- The next time you want to access your HSU folder, open SSH Secure File Transfer, select File > Profiles > HSU Network Folder.
Contact the Technology Help Desk at (707) 826-HELP (4357), send email to email@example.com, or stop by Library 120.