PeopleSoft HCM (Student and HR) is now (December 7 at 8 a.m.) available.
The primary objective of the upgrade was improved performance and most users will see minimal changes to the functionality of the system after the upgrade. If you haven't already, please review what you need to do before the upgrade to make sure that your system is ready for PeopleSoft HCM 9.0.
- Students and Faculty - Check with the Office of the Registrar on the first floor of SBS or call (707) 826-4101
- Staff: Check with the IT Project Office at (707) 826-5080 or send email to email@example.com
- Improved color scheme - The color scheme has beenupdated to be easier on the eyes, and to give you a clearer indication of where you are in the system.
- Pop-up edit boxes – A new window opens when you need to edit something.
- New look for processing and save indicators – Designed to make the system easier to use.
- Number of search results option - You can choose the number of search results you would like to have returned, up to a maximum of 300.
- Type-ahead matching - As you begin typing in a search field, a drop-down box shows results that match what you’ve typed in so far. You can choose an entry from the drop-down box or continue typing to enter the desired information.
- Pop-up search window - When you click the search icon, the search fields are shown in a moveable, resizable pop-up window. You can grab the window to move it to a different location or drag the bottom right-hand corner to change the size of the window.
- Navigation – Recently-used pages and breadcrumbs
- Make note of your 8.9 Favorites, because you'll need to recreate them in the new version. Here's how to do this:
- Click on your Favorite
- Copy the name of the page
- Paste the name of the page in the Menu Search (in the left hand navigation section)
- Copy the navigation path that appears in the Search Results for reference when version 9 is available
Note that some of the most common Favorites for HCM 9.0 navigation will be included in HCM 9.0 reference materials, and some navigation paths will change.
- Confirm that your computer has one of the following PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 compatible Operating System / Web Browser combinations:
- Windows Vista (32-bit): Firefox 3.6, Internet Explorer 7, or Internet Explorer 8
- Windows Vista (64-bit): Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 7 (32-bit): Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 7 (64-bit): Firefox 3.6 or Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 2008 (64-bit): Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit): Firefox 3.6 or Internet Explorer 8
- Linux x86 Oracle Linux 5: Firefox 3.5
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Power PC): Firefox 3.6, Safari 3.0, or Safari 4
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Intel): Firefox 3.6, Safari 3.0, Safari 4, or Safari 5
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Intel): Firefox 3.6, Safari 4, or Safari 5