Your HSU User Name and Password together provide an efficient, secure way to access computer-based resources on campus. Using this unique combination of identifiers enables students, staff, and faculty to log in to any campus system using the same credentials without lowering the level of security applied to the information stored on those systems.
Your HSU User Name is the part of your humboldt.edu email address before the @ symbol. While you may not change this element of your campus identity, you can apply a different "public name" or alias to your email address - or change your password - in the Account Center .
Your HSU User Name and Password are required to access the following campus computing resources:
For more information on making the most of your HSU User Name and Password, check out the following links:
Secure Single Sign-on and myHumboldt
When you log into myHumboldt, you are authenticated to access those applications you're authorized to use from within the portal. However, this convenience comes at a price, and it is imperative that everyone making use of this facility follow the best practices outlined below for the sake of everyone's information security:
- Users with access to Level 1 data and with administrative privileges must take special care to properly exit from myHumboldt. In fact, to be doubly-secure, after you're done, log off, close your browser, and restart the computer.
- Keeping your password secret and secure is more important than ever
- Never share your password
- Use strong passwords
- In a public location, take care to shield your device when entering your password
- Never leave your workstation unattended - log out, close your browser, and set a screen saver lock if you have one (this is particularly important for portable devices and shared machines in https://www.humboldt.edu/its/smartclassrooms-roomlist .
">smart classrooms and labs)
- Depending on your browser, applications in myHumboldt will sometimes open in new tabs or windows - make sure to close ALL your browser sessions to fully exit myHumboldt
- Logging out of myHumboldt is NOT enough - close, exit or quit the browser session.
- If you use an Android device, use the Google App connector rather than a web browser in myHumboldt
- Use extreme caution when you log in from somewhere othan than your work computer and always log out when you're done.
Check out the myHumboldt Frequently Asked Questions