- Mathematical modeling in biology, particularly in physiology.
- Mathematical and computational modeling of intracellular calcium dynamics.
- The effect of residual Ca2+ on the stochastic gating on Ca2+-regulated
Ca2+ channel models, B.Mazzag, C.Tignanelli and G.D.Smith, Journal of Theoretical Biology, 235:121-150, 2005.
- Mathematical analysis of the swarming behavior of myxobacteria, A.Gallegos, B.Mazzag,A.Mogilner, accepted for publication at the Bulletin of Mathematical Biology.
- Model of Bacterial Band Formation in Aerotaxis, B.Mazzag, I.Zhulin, A.Mogilner, Biophys.J.,2003, 85(6):3558-3574.
- A Model for Shear Stress Sensing and Transmission in Vascular Endothelial Cells, B.Mazzag, J.S.Tamaresis, A.I.Barakat, Biophys.J., 2003, 84(6):4087-4101.
PhD (Applied Mathematics), University of California, Davis, June 2002. (Advisor: Professor Alex Mogilner)
MS (Applied Mathematics), UC Davis, Dec. 2000.
BS (Mathematics), University of California, Santa Cruz, June, 1996. Advisor: Dr. Maria Schoenbek.