Application Info


Admission Requirements:

A bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics or related fields including a background in Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Differential equations, and an upper division course in Probability and Statistics . Deficiencies in any of these areas may be rectified with approved graduate or undergraduate courses. Students with a strong quantitative background holding BA or BS degrees in a related field will be considered, but may be required to take additional course work before beginning their graduate courses. (e.g., Matlab).

Application Deadlines:
  • For fall semester admission:
  • ALL application materials must be received by February 1, 2013
  • For spring semester admission:
  • ALL application materials must be received by Oct. 15.
  • Meeting all deadlines is one way of showing that you are both serious and conscientious, however late applications may be accepted under some circumstances. Please contact Dr. Bori Mazzag for more information. Other graduate information can be found at the Humboldt State Office of Graduate Studies website.
  • You can track your application just to see where you are in the process!
International Applicants:

International applicants must follow a different application process from domestic students. For details, please follow the guidelines on the HSU Office of International Programs. By following the links, you can get a step-by-step guide to completing your application. The GRE requirement may be waived for international students.

Application Instructions:

    Apply: Complete the California State University Graduate Application online at CSU Mentor. A $55.00 application fee is required at the time of application. The CSU Application Fee Waiver is no longer available for Master's Applications. If you are unable to pay with a credit card, a check can be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admissions.

    Letters of Recommendations are submitted online through CSU Mentor, Page 11. If you have questions, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office, 707.826.6250.

    Transcripts: One official transcript is required from any college or university you have ever attended. You can either have them sent directly to you* or directly to Graduate Admissions.
    *Official transcripts must be in their original sealed envelope.

    Humboldt State University
    Office of Graduate Admissions
    1 Harpst Street
    Arcata, CA 95521

    Transcript Exceptions:

    Humboldt transcripts: You do not need to request transcripts for any work completed at Humboldt State University.

    If you were enrrolled at Humboldt as a regular matriculated student within the past 5 years, we will still have your file. You do not need to request transcripts for college work completed elsewhere, unless you completed that college work after you left Humboldt.

Contact Us

Phone: 707.826.4952