All school visits take place at the museum. Museum visits occur Tuesday and Thursdays between the hours of 10:00am-1:00pm unless other times need to be arranged. Museum programs are 1.5 hours in length. Cost is $1.00 per student. Programs are designed for single classes (30 students). A teacher and one additional adult must accompany each class (2 adults per 30 students).
HOW TO REQUEST YOUR PROGRAM
- Complete all applicable information on the Teacher Request Form. Make a copy for yourself.
- Email to Jennifer.Ortega@humboldt.edu or deliver in person the completed form. (Fees will be collected the day of the visit to the museum)
- An email will be sent out to confirm receiving the request form.
- One week before scheduled visit to the museum, museum staff will call to confirm. Please email or call if visit to the museum needs to be cancelled.
Please feel free to contact Jennifer Ortega, Future Teacher Coordinator for the Natural History Museum with questions or concerns at Jennifer.Ortega@humboldt.edu or call us (707) 826-4479.
More: resources for educators to use with their classrooms before and after your visit.
Visit the Exhibits page for downloadable resources
- Explore a Virtual Redwood Forest (HCOE)
- Redwood Forest Websearch (Fortuna Middle School)
- Save the Redwoods Educator Resources
- Redwood Resources for Educators (Michael Kauffmann)
- List of Outdoor Education Centers in the Redwoods
Geologic Time Resources
- National Geographic Prehistoric Time Line
- Geologic Time (PPPST.com)
- 6th Grade Geologic Time Resources (Fortuna Middle School)
Any suggestions for additional resources? Send them to the webmaster