Fall 2013 Dates & Fees
- Be sure that you are regularly checking the email account that you supplied to HSU. It is the one listed in your Student Center.
- Regularly sign into your myHumboldt at humboldt.edu/myhumboldt. You log into Student Center, Moodle, and other applications via myHumboldt.
- Move-in day for residence halls: TBA
- Fall Classes Begin: Monday, August 26
- Welcome Home to Humboldt: August 26 - September 6
Transfer Students - HOOP (mandatory) - follow steps in order
- Check that you have met all transfer deadlines included in your Admissions packet.
- Sign up for your orientation session. The sign-up function in Student Center will be enabled on February 25, 2013 for eligible students and is mandatory for all incoming transfers. The deadline to sign-up is July 12, 2013.
- You are required to complete the Humboldt Online Orientation Program (HOOP). Please visit the "HOOP" link on the right in order to learn about the process now, which includes advising & registering for classes.
Freshmen - HOP (mandatory) - follow steps in order
- Check that you have met all freshmen deadlines included in your Admissions packet.
- Sign-up for your orientation session. The sign-up function in Student Center will be enabled on February 25, 2013 and is mandatory for all incoming freshmen. The deadline to sign-up is May 1, 2013.
- Family & Guest Orientation sign-up is available during this step.
- *Registration window open to freshmen who have met all deadlines. Freshmen who have not met deadlines - such as no ELM/EPT scores - will register in August during the HOP session.
- Tuition and fees will be due upon registration of classes. Balances owed will be displayed in your Student Center.
- You will review and finalize your schedule with help from peer counselors, professional staff, and faculty members during HOP.
- Mandatory activities take place throughout each day.
- HOP begins on August 21 at 8am and ends on August 23 at 5pm. No exceptions will be granted.
- Missing any mandatory HOP activities may affect your admission status at Humboldt State.
- Family members and guests are not invited to attend any HOP activities. Sign-up interested family members or guests for our optional Family & Guest Orientation.
Family members & guests - FG (optional)
- Three-day session: August 21-23, 2013
- Student signs up interested family members and guests during orientation sign-up process in Student Center: February 25-May 1, 2013.
- Family and guests are not invited to attend HOP activities with their student.
- Family & Guest Orientation is optional and is available at a cost of $40 per person.
- Family & Guest Orientation reservations may be cancelled if payment is not made by the due date of August 7, 2013.
- Family & Guest Orientation charges are non-refundable if cancellations are not made at least seven days prior to the session.
- Official itinerary will be available during check-in.
Orientation Fees for Students
- A one-time non-refundable $50.00 Student Orientation, Advising & Registration fee is included in the first-semester fees of all new Humboldt students upon course registration.
- This fee covers all advising and registration services and a university catalog.
- Please check your Student Center regularly for any outstanding balances. For information on all HSU fees, please go to Financial Aid.
Cancellation and Change Policy
- All reservations must be made by May 1, 2013 or your admission to HSU will be revoked.
- After May 1, all cancellations and changes must be requested electronically by Wednesday, August 14 at 5:00pm.
- Changes/cancellations must be submitted electronically by completing the online HOP Reservation Change Form. Please contact us if you encounter any difficulty with our reservation change form.
- You are not eligible to receive a refund after completing orientation, despite any change in your admission status.