Welcome to Humboldt State University!
PLEASE BE AWARE: Due to the state of the California budget, admitted students who do not comply with ALL deadlines and testing requirements will not be allowed to attend HSU. Don't miss out!
Transfer students (HOOP):
- Download the interactive HOOP checklist
- Download a printable calendar of important HOOP dates
- All transfers to HSU will go through the Humboldt Online Orientation Program (HOOP).
- Please visit our HOOP page now for all of the details.
- Optional Outdoor Adventures with Center Activities are available in August.
Freshmen students (HOP):
- Download the interactive HOP checklist
- Download a printable calendar of important HOP dates
- HOP registration and on-campus sessions are only available to incoming freshmen who reserve their space in Student Center before May 1, 2013. Don't miss out! Click on the green "sign up now" button in the right-hand column above -->
- Class Registration window*: June 17-28, 2013
- Open to freshmen who have met all deadlines
- On-campus August HOP is mandatory. Class registration is not a substitute for the on-campus HOP session
- Students who have not met all Admissions deadlines will register for classes in August during HOP
- Travel not required. Class registration can be done on any computer with internet access
- In-person and virtual support are available. Check out the "class registration" link
- Mandatory three-day on-campus session: August 21-23, 2013
- Official itinerary will be available during check-in. Check out an overview schedule from 2012 now
- Activities start at 8:00am on August 21st at the University Center Quad in the heart of campus
- Parking permit will be available in the summer
- Optional Humboldt Outdoor Leadership Program (HOWL) trip and other outdoor activities with Center Activities are recommended for those interested in the outdoors
- Families and guests will not attend orientation sessions with students. We offer a concurrent Family & Guest Orientation. Those interested must be registered and submitted payment prior to arriving to campus. See the 2012 Family and Guest Orientation Schedule
The mission of the Humboldt Orientation Program is to communicate what it means to be a member of the Humboldt State community consistent with the university’s mission to maintain academic excellence, prepare students to be socially responsible members of diverse societies, and teach students to use their education to make a positive difference in the world.
Adobe Acrobat Reader Required