What To Bring to HOP
- HSU Map
- Parking permit
- Your HSU ID number and Student Center login information
- 2 forms of Photo ID. HSU requires this in order to get your HSU ID card, which is essential for housing, student rec center, library, free bus rides
- Catalogs and transcripts from previous colleges/universities attended
- Paper and writing utensils
- Rain gear (you never know in Humboldt County!)
- Money for HSU memorabilia
- Comfortable walking shoes (HSU has many stairs)
- Water bottle
- An alarm clock *Or two if you're not a morning person!
- If you completed college-unit bearing courses during Spring 2013, please bring a copy of your report card or letter from your instructor indicating the name of the course and grade
- Laptop, if you have one
- The HSU Bookstore offers special academically priced computers and software for your educational needs. Visit them during HOP and check out their awesome back to school computer specials! For more info, contact the HSU Bookstore at: (707) 826-3741.
To get a head start on life at HSU, you can now upload your own photo for your Humboldt student ID card. Uploading a photo will save time waiting in line at the ID Office, expedite access to campus services, and ensure you are happy with the photo.
If you plan to live on-campus: Your HSU student ID card will then be printed in advance, and you will receive it at check-in.
If you will be living off-campus: Please allow 48 hours after uploading your photo for your card to be created. You may then pick up your new ID card at the Library Circulation Desk, located on the first floor in the Library.
How to upload a photo:
2. Click the button near the top to access Student Center
3. Use the navigation at the top of the page to go to: Main Menu > Humboldt CS Customization > HUM Records and Enrollment > Self Photo > Self Photo
4. Click 'Upload Photo'
5. You will need to browse to the photo you wish to upload. Once located click OK.
This photo will be your permanent HSU ID card picture throughout your time at HSU. Please keep this in mind when selecting your photo. Once uploaded, you will not be able to change it.
The photo will need to meet the following requirements:
* Must have a white background
* Must be in color (black and white photos will not be accepted)
* Must be a full front view of your head and shoulders only
* Cropped from just above the top of head to collarbone
* Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften photo
* The file must be in jpg or jpeg format
* File size cannot exceed 5MB
* No inappropriate or offensive photographs
* No hats
* No sunglasses
A separate Photo ID will be required to pick up your HSU ID card. If you choose not to upload your own photo or miss the deadline, you can still go to the ID Office on campus to have your photo taken in person.