Governance DocumentsIn January 2012, HSU's Academic Senate was replaced with a University Senate, a deliberative body guided by the principles of shared governance, and comprised of faculty, staff, administrators, and students. The University Senate will be the university's primary policy recommending body. The following new governance documents were approved by the HSU General Faculty in an election on October 17-20, 2011:
- Constitution of the University Senate of HSU (Appendix F, Part 1, HSU Faculty Handbook)
- Bylaws and Rules of Procedure, University Senate of HSU (Appendix F, Part 2, HSU Faculty Handbook)
- The Bylaws and Rules of Procedure govern the function and operation of the University Senate. NOTE: The Constitution and Bylaws Committee has reviewed and proposed a revision to the Senate Bylaws: Proposed Revision (12/05/12) Senators may review this preliminary document and send comments to Committee Chair Greg Young by February 12. The revision will be brought to the Senate as a First Reading after this preliminary review.
- General Faculty Constitution (Appendix E, HSU Faculty Handbook)
- General Operating Rules for Senate Standing Committees
Senate Executive Committee (SenEX)
- Academic Policies Committee (APC)
- Appointments and Elections Committee (AEC)
- Campus Climate Committee (CCC)
- Constitution and Bylaws Committee (CBC)
- Faculty Affairs Committee (FAC)
- Integrated Curriculum Committee (ICC)
The ICC is a standing committee of the Senate. Support for the ICC is provided by the Office of Academic Programs and Undergraduate/Graduate Studies.
- University Resources and Planning Committee (URPC)
The Constitution of the General Faculty of HSU defines membership in the General Faculty and provides a vehicle for the faculty to fulfill the responsiblities of participation in governance as articulated in the AAUP "Statement on Governance of Colleges and Universities" (1990).
University Senate Standing Committees