Applying to the Sociology MA Program
The HSU Office of Academic Programs provides general information about Graduate Studies. Note also the HSU Office of the Registrar Admission Requirements. The Department of Sociology timeline for applications is as follows:
Applications for Fall Admisions are accepted October 1 until February 1.
Applications for Spring Admissions are suspended until further notice.
To assure that your applicaiton can be considered, please confrim that your CSU Mentor Applicaiton is completed before February 1 and that your Letters of Recommendaitons and Transcripts are recieved before March 1:
- --CSU Mentor Application (This is a general form used on all CSU campuses) and will also require an Application Fee of $55.
- --One official copy of your transcript from any college or university you have attended, sent to: Humboldt State University, Office of Graduate Admissions, 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521 (Must have 3.0 or above)
- --Statement of Purpose (plans and objectives) submitted within your CSU Mentor Application
- --Three (3) letters of recommendation submitted online through CSU Mentor, page 11. If you have questions please contact the Graduate Admissions Office 707-826-6250.
- --The GRE is not required for application into our Master's Program
To assure that your application can be considered, please confirm that your file is complete before deadline. Even if a reference tells you that her letter has been sent, it is always a good idea to check that it has been received and placed in your file. If you have any questions about the application process or our program, please feel free to contact the Graduate Program Coordinator, Josh Meisel, 707-826-4446 Josh.Meisel@humboldt.edu or the Office of Graduate Admissions 707-826-4402.