Outside the classroom, you'll gain real-world experience and build your skills, knowledge and résumé by:
- Developing your creative voice through a variety of film tools, including traditional 16mm filmmaking and digital technology.
- Participating in major dance productions and student-choreographed concerts throughout the year.
- Selecting, developing and producing new plays by contemporary American playwrights in our New Play Season, and premiering your own work in productions such as our annual Ten-Minute Play Festival.
- Engaging each year in the production, design and performance of a variety of traditional and contemporary plays and musicals.
- Gaining professional experience through involvement in the annual Humboldt Film Festival, which is the oldest student-run film festival in the world (since 1967).
- Participating in regional and national conferences such as the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival, the American College Dance Festival, the University Film and Video Association, and the United States Institute for Theatre Technology.