I have been thinking of my time at HSU often since then and I wanted to take a moment to reach out to you all and say hello and thank you. Although I wasn't a major, the HSU drama department provided me with all kinds of chances to get on stage, from little black box shows to big budget proscenium shows, telling stories, digging in, practicing, thriving, failing sometimes, learning...I loved it. So, yeah, thank you.
Patrick Jones, Class of 2000
- Auditions for "The End of History" and "Los Pajaros" (Production based on Aristophanes Greek Comedy "The Birds")
- Tuesday, Sept. 2nd and 3rd @ 6 p.m. in Gist Hall Theatre
- Have a one-minute monologue ready
- Auditions for "Slipping" are scheduled for Saturday, December 6th and Saturday, December 13th in Gist Hall Theatre at 2:30 p.m.
- Auditions for "Rash Acts" are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, April 1st and 2nd, 2015 in Studio Theatre (TA 115) at 6 p.m.
There are many performance opportunities in our active production season. These opportunities include theatre, physical theatre, dance, and acting in films.
Our theatre program covers a variety of plays by the masters, contemporary playwrights, and student originals.
Dance performances include faculty and student choreography, with one mainstage production and two informal showings each year.
Physical theatre is featured through original work in different seasons.
Musicals, in collaboration with the music department, provide an array of opportunities for students every other year.
Film productions and screenings take place throughout the year with a special focus on the Humboldt Film Festival.
Film Productions happen year-round and include a range of opportunities for performers and technical crew of varying skill levels. Involvement in the Humboldt Film Festival is a great way for new students to meet people and join the film community.