Apply to the Program
Application Deadline: The application deadline for students starting in the summer of 2013 is Friday March 1, 2013 (at 5:00 PM).
Information needed in addition to the application form
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (unoffical transcripts OK).
- Two letters of recommendation from people who can speak about your potential as a professional biologist.
- A personal statement of two pages in length. The personal statement should address the following topics (as well as anything else you think relevant).
- How did you become interested in biology?
- What areas of biology interest you most? (Don't worry, we realize your interests may change, so we're not going to carve this in stone.)
- Are there particular faculty mentors with whom you are particularly interested in working?
- What are your career plans? Where do you see yourself in 10 or 15 years?
Send (or drop off) completed application form, transcripts and letters of recommendation to:
- Bruce A. O'Gara
Department of Biological Sciences
221 Science B (Biology Department Office)
Humboldt State University
Arcata, CA 95521-8299