Humboldt State University Veterans hope to achieve the position and prestige of being the #1 veteran-oriented campus in California. Our mission is to provide the best possible services to our veterans by making Humboldt State University a home away from home, and providing a safe learning environment that each alumnus will take with them in pursuit of a better future.
We are responsible for providing services to veterans, active military personnel, and dependents enrolled at the University. Some of these services are:
- Providing academic advising to veterans and dependents for certification, certifying enrollment for the Post 9/11 GI Bill, and Vocational Rehabilitation Program.
- Advising veterans concerning the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) requirements for maintaining satisfactory progress, and assistance in keeping on track in their degree program.
- Counseling students by discussing the curriculum and approving course selection for compliance with DVA regulations directly related to the requirements specified for a major program that leads towards a Bachelors degree.
- Administering a tutorial program for all qualified veterans and dependents enrolled at Humboldt State University.
- Providing veterans and dependents with job opportunities through the DVA Work Study Program.