- Ball, L.C., and R.T. Golightly. 1992. Energy and nutrient assimilation by gray foxes on diets of mice and himalaya berries. J. Mamm. 73(4):840-846.
- Golightly, R.T., M.R. Faulhaber, K.L. Sallee, and J.C. Lewis. 1994. Food habits and management of introduced red fox in southern California. pp. 15-20 in W.S. Halverson and A.C. Crabb (eds.) Proc. 16th Vertebr. Pest Conf., Univ. Calif Davis.
- Lewis, J.C., K.L. Sallee and R.T. Golightly. 1999. Introduction, range expansion, and distribution of non-native red foxes in California. American Midland Naturalist 142:372-381.
- Golightly, R.T., S.H. Newman, E.N. Craig, H.R. Carter, and J.A.K. Mazet. 2002. Survival and behavior of Western Gulls following exposure to oil and rehabilitation. Wildlife Society Bulletin 30: 539-546
- Ackerman, J.T., J. Adams, J.Y. Takekawa, H.R. Carter, D.L. Whitworth, S.H. Newman, R.T. Golightly, and D.L. Orthmeyer. 2004. Effects of radiotransmitters on the reproductive performance of Cassin’s auklets. Wildlife Society Bulletin 32:1229-1241.
- Hamilton, C.D., H.R. Carter and R.T. Golightly. 2004. Diet of Xantus’s Murrelets in the Southern California Bight. The Wilson Bulletin 116:152-157.
- Benson, J.F., J.D. Perrine, R.T. Golightly, and R.H. Barrett. 2005. Use of cover and response to cover type edges by female Sierra Nevada red foxes in winter. West. North American Naturalist 65:127-130.
- Hamilton, C.D., R.T. Golightly, and J.Y. Takekawa. 2005. Diving Characteristics of Xantus’s Murrelet foraging near Anacapa Island, California. Marine Ornithology. In Press.
- Golightly, R.T. and S.M. Wisely. Behavioral and ecological adaptations to water economy in two species of Plethodontid salamander, Ensatina eschscholtzii and Batrachoceps attenuatus. 2003. Journal of Herpetology 37:659-655.
- Golightly, R.T., P.N. Hebert, H.R. Carter, and D.O. Orthmeyer. 2003. Radio-telemetry evidence of re-nesting in the same season by the Marbled Murrelet. Colonial Waterbirds 26:261-265.
Selected Reports (incomplete list)
- Lewis, J.C., K.L. Sallee, and R.T. Golightly. 1993. Introduced red fox in California. Calif. Dept. Fish and Game, Nongame Bird and Mammal Sec. Rept. 93-10. Sacramento. 70 pp.
- Fowler, C.H. and R.T. Golightly. 1994. Fisher and marten survey techniques on the Tahoe National Forest. Calif. Dept. Fish and Game, Nongame Bird and Mammal Sec. Rept. 94-9. Sacramento, CA. 64pp.
- D.L. Orthmeyer, H.R. Carter, J.Y. Takekawa, and R.T. Golightly. 2001. At-sea distribution of seabirds and marine mammals in the southern California bight. US Geol. Surv. Dixon, CA 73pp.
- Golightly, R.T., P Hebert, D.O. Orthmeyer. 2002. Evaluation of human-caused disturbance of breeding Marbled Murrelets in Redwood National and State Parks, California: 2001 Progress Report. Humboldt State University and US Geol. Surv. Dixon, CA. 61pp.
- McChesney, G.J., A.H. Robinson, J.S. Koepke, H.A. Knechtel, N.M. Jones, C.M. Caurant, T.B. Poitras, H.R. Carter, R.T. Golightly, S.W. Kress, M.W Parker, and J Stankiewizc. 2004. Restoration of Common Murre colonies in central California: annual report 2003: Newark, CA: US Fish and Wildlife Service, San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge. 57 p
- H.R. Carter and R.T. Golightly editors. 2003. Seabird Injuries From the 1997-1998 Point Reyes Tarball Incidents. National Park Service.
- Capitolo, P.J., H.R. Carter, R.J. Young, G.J. McChesney, W.R. McIver, R.T. Golightly, and F. Gress. 2004. Changes in breeding population size of Brandt’s and Double-crested Cormorants in California, 1975-2003. US Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Capitolo, P.J., H.R. Carter, G.J. McChesney, M.W. Parker, J.N. Hall, and R.T. Golightly. 2004. Whole-colony counts of Common Murres, Brandt’s Cormorants, and Double-crested Cormorants at sample colonies in northern California. US Fish and Wildlife Service.
- McChesney G., A. Robinson, J.S. Koepke, H. Knechtel,, N. Jones, C. Caurant, T. Poitras, H.R. Carter, R.T. Golightly, S. Kress, M. Parker, and J. Stankiewizc. 2004. Restoration of Common Murre colonies in Central California: Annual Report 2003. US Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Newman, S.H., R.T. Golightly, E.N. Craig, H.R. Carter, and C. Kreuder. 2004. The effects of petroleum exposure and rehabilitation on post-release survival, behavior, and blood health indices: a Common Murre (Uria aalge) case study following the Stuyvesant Petroleum spill. Oiled Wildlife Care Network.
- Craig, E.N. and R.T. Golightly, editors. 2005. Coyotes and mesopredators in the coastal wetland at Naval Base Ventura Country, Point Mugu. Unpulished report, Humboldt State University, Department of Wildlife, Arcata, California.
- Golightly, R.T., T.F.Penland, and S.H. Newman. 2005. Movements, foraging, and abundance of Western Gulls at Castaic Lake, October 2004-June 2005. Unpublished report, Department of Wildlife, Humboldt State University, Arcata, California.