Software Updates via SCCM
Information included here will guide you through the process of updating your software through System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). As mandatory software updates become available, you will be notified through a pop-up message that appears in your system tray:
Installing Updates Immediately or Delayed
- Click on the notification or the pop-up to bring up the Software Center management window. Click OK to begin the installation immediately or REMIND ME LATER.
The Software Center window will indicate when the installation will automatically begin if the REMIND ME LATER option was selected.
- Most monthly updates require a reboot upon completion of the installation, you will be prompted to restart the computer via the following pop-up:
- Clicking the Restart Required pop-up will bring up the following screen prompting for any of these options: Restart now, Cancel out of the screen, or wait until the deadline (up to 10 Hours).
Delaying a Restart
- If you clicked Cancel to delay the restart of your computer, you will receive periodic notifications urging you to restart. When you have reached the last 15 minutes of the 10 Hour long restart grace period, the following window will appear with the countdown timer:
- Once the 15-minute time has elapsed, your computer will restart automatically. Please save your work prior to the automatic restart.
View the Update Status
Follow these steps to view the status of your updates:
- Click the system tray icon.
- The Software Center management window appears, click on the Installation Status tab.
- The update status fields appears as Installed, Pending restart, or Failed. Select an update to view its corresponding details.
Note: If an update has failed, you may need to restart your computer and run the installation process again.