- English Major
- English Minor
- Graduate Options
- Contact Us
English Faculty: English Education, Graduate Coordinator
English Education, K-12 Literacy, Curriculum Theory
Founders Hall 172
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison
Current Research, Scholarly Interests, and Related Activities: Graphic Novels; Racialization of Discourses in Curriculum, Standards, and Education Policies; Sociocultural Theories of Teaching and Learning
- English 120: Introduction to the Major
- English 323: Children's Literature
- English 344: Adolescent Literature
- English 424: Communication in Writing I
- English 426: Communication in Writing II
- English 611: Seminar in Teaching Writing
- English 612: Development of Writing Abilities
- Champan, Thandeka K., and Nikola Hobbel, eds. Social Justice Pedagogy across the Curriculum: The Practice of Freedom. NY: Routeledge, 2010.
- Hobbel, Nikola. "Standards Talk: Considering Discourse in Teacher Education Standards." Critical Pedagogy and Teacher Education in the Neoliberal Era. Eds. Susan L. Groenke and J. Amos Hatch. NY: Springer, 2009. 37-48.
- Hobbel, Nikola, and Thandeka K. Chapman. "Beyond the Sole Category of Race: Using a CRT Intersectional Framework to Map Identity Projects." Journal of Curriculum Theorizing. September 2009.