Staff Recognition Awards - Nomination Procedure and Review Process
August 31, 2012
The success of Humboldt State University depends in no small part on the dedication and skill of our staff. We encourage you to submit nominations for our Staff Recognition Awards, which derive from private funds contributed by alumni and other friends of the university. Nominations can be for staff members from both state and auxiliary units who have been exceptional employees, and who are active employees when nominated. Please complete a separate letter for each nominee. These awards are not for students, management or faculty employees, nor are current members of Staff Council eligible (see http://humboldt.edu/staffcouncil/about.html for the names of this year’s members). Individuals may receive this award multiple times, but not consecutively. We recommend that you limit your nomination letter to two pages and that you include consideration of the following points:
- Describe how your nominee consistently performs his or her job in a manner that you consider to be especially helpful to staff, faculty or students.
- How does this person handle difficult job assignments or cope with adverse working conditions in an especially admirable manner?
- Has this person suggested an innovative solution to a problem or task resulting in cost or time savings or in better service to the campus community? Please explain.
- Describe any campus or community service on the part of this employee that enhances the image and service effectiveness of the university or the community.
- Can you relate a specific outstanding performance incident from the past year that merits special recognition? Please explain.
- In the form of a short paragraph, please provide any additional information that you think should be taken into consideration. This may include length of employment.
Letters of nomination should be sent to Greta, Office of the President (or emailed to her at firstname.lastname@example.org) by Noon, Monday, October 1, 2012. You may want to give a copy of your letter to the employee you are nominating. Preliminary review of nominations will be made by the Staff Council before final consideration by members of the University Executive Committee. Awards will be presented as part of the Spring Welcome,
Thank you for your help in honoring the contributions of our particularly meritorious staff members.
Gay Hylton, President, Staff Council
Rollin C. Richmond, President, HSU
- President’s Office solicits nominations (September)
- Staff Council receives nominations (October)
- Staff Council reviews and forwards recommendations to President’s Office (November)
- Vice Presidents/Managers review recommendations (November)
- President approves final awards and presents names at Spring Welcome (January)