All participants are required to attend an orientation session on Wednesday, April 17 on campus (in Behavioral & Social Sciences/BSS room 204).
All participants should arrive at the campground by 2 p.m. on Friday, April 26, to assist in setting up equipment for the next day, as well as to set up your own campsite.
We will be working with the basket weavers all day on Saturday and until 1 p.m. on Sunday.
We will have a pot-luck at the campground with the basket weavers on Friday evening; students are required to bring food to contribute to this event.
SUMMARY OF SCHEDULE
- March 27: Applications due
- March 29: Students notified of their acceptance
- April 1, 5 p.m.: Deadline for approved students to register and pay fees for course at HSU Distance & Extended Education
- April 17: Mandatory Orientation Meeting from 3-5 p.m., BSS 310
- April 18, 5 p.m.: Deadline to drop. Must notify the Office of Distance & Extended Education in writing.
- April 18-26: View Karuk basket collection at Clarke Historical Museum
- April 26: Arrive at campsite by 2 p.m.
- April 27: All day activities, 8 a.m.– 11 p.m.
- April 28: Activities and wrap-up session; camp breakdown at 1 p.m.