High School Concurrent Program (HSCP)
Program Description and Eligibility
The High School Concurrent Program (HSCP) is designed for eligible high school students who would like to challenge themselves by taking a college-level course in a specific subject area and/or enhance their knowledge on a particular subject.
The benefits of enrolling in the program include receiving university credit, discounted bus transit (Humboldt County), library access, discounted admission to HSU sporting events, educationally-priced hardware and software from the HSU Bookstore.
High school students who have completed their sophomore year of college-preparatory courses with a 3.0 or higher grade point average may enroll in 2 courses per academic school year at Humboldt State University; additionally, up to 2 more courses may be taken during summer term. Courses must be at a level beyond what is available at high school.
In order to register, students must obtain the approval of their high school principal, HSU course instructor, and academic department.
Enrollment is limited, on a space-available basis, to courses appearing in the semester’s Schedule of Courses.
It is recommended that students register in courses bearing the 100-299 course designations, and students are expected to meet established prerequisites for courses (if applicable).
Please complete the Humboldt HSCP Registration Form (downloadable PDF, Adobe Reader required)
After obtaining appropriate signatures, take the form to the College of eLearning & Extended Education to pay fees. Make sure the following is complete before submitting the registration form:
- A current and legible email address
- Your legible Social Security Number, which is necessary to process your registration form; an HSU ID number is generated from this information. [Returning HSCP students may list their HSU ID number in lieu of their SSN.]
- Approval of high school principal indicated by her/his signature for each of the course(s) requested by signing in the appropriate box(es).
- Obtaining the proper signatures of the HSU instructor and academic department of the course(s) selected.
The completed HSCP Registration form must be submitted to the College of eLearning & Extended Education, second floor of the Student Business Services Building (Harpst Street) no later than Friday of the second week of classes for the term in which the student wishes to enroll. Fees for classes must be paid at the time of registration.
- $232 per unit registration fee
- $5 Student ID card/library card fee (one-time fee)
Students are also responsible for paying miscellaneous course fees associated with some courses (i.e. Lab fees).
A current ID card is required for discounted bus transit (Jackpass), library access, on-campus computer lab access, educationally priced hardware and software from the HSU Bookstore, and discounted admission to all HSU sporting games.
After you have been registered for class you should do the following:
- Verify the accuracy of your class schedule
- Acquire your HSU ID Card*
- Activate your HSU email account
- Review important deadlines
- Learn how to request an HSU Transcript
- Learn how to access your student account to view grades
*You will only need to obtain an HSU ID Card one time. You may use the same card each semester. After paying the additional $5 for the ID Card when registering for a course, you will receive a receipt in the mail with information about the hours for the ID office in the library. You will bring your receipt to this office and have your photo taken for your ID card, which will be produced while you wait.
Add, Drop, or Withdraw
Please review the add, drop and refunds deadline calendar.
For more information about drops and refunds, see the Drop and Refund Policy.