OPEN UNIVERSITY: FALL/SPRING
Embark on a Career Change
Begin Working Towards a Degree
Professional & Personal Enrichment
Open University provides an opportunity for those who are not currently admitted to Humboldt State University to enroll in university courses in the fall and spring.
The Open University program allows enrollment in HSU credit-bearing classes, provided that there is space available and prerequisites are fulfilled.
HSU has many options to meet your professional goals. See the complete HSU schedule of classes.
The registration process is easy. Admission to the University is not required, and the same fees apply to everyone.
LIMITATIONS: eLearning & Extended Education cannot guarantee you a space nor assure you will be permitted to enroll in any class. Instructor approval is required, even if space is available.
Open University is NOT available to matriculated students (those admitted for the current semester).
Open University courses taken through eLearning & Extended Education will count in Undergraduate/Graduate units earned, grade point average and residence credit.
A maximum of 24 semester units in Open University earned through eLearning & Extended Education in non-matriculated status may be applied toward a bachelor's degree, and not more than eight units may apply to the master's degree.
- Select the courses you want from the sample listing in the Extension bulletin or the regular HSU Schedule of Classes
- Print and fill out the REGISTRATION FORM (PDF). (PDFs require the free Adobe Reader) You may also obtain an Open University registration form at the College of eLearning & Extended Education, or get one mailed to you by calling 826-3731.
- Attend the first class meeting. Obtain the instructor's signature and the department chair's signature. Registration is on a space-available basis.
- Return your signed form to the College of eLearning & Extended Education and pay your fees by the semester deadline to avoid a $25 late fee.
Registration procedures differ for the following programs:
The College of eLearning & Extended Education can accept payment by check, money order, cash or credit card. Please make all checks or money orders payable to Humboldt State University.
Full payment of fees is required at the time of registration.
Open University fees are paid for at the time of course registration, prior to the second class meeting for the term. A $25 late fee is charged for late registration. See deadlines.
NOTE: Instructors may exclude a student from attending courses
if the student cannot provide proof of registration for the course.
FEE SCHEDULE: SPRING 2013
$232 PER UNIT
$25 LATE FEE
VISA, Mastercard and Discover are accepted for payment
Open University fees are subject to revision.
Some courses may also require an individual course fee, as indicated in the schedule of classes.
- Drop & Refund PolicY: Cancelled classes, drop, distance learning, retroactive refunds
- Deadlines to remember: Adding, dropping, credit/no credit
- See the complete HSU Schedule of Classes
- Summer Session
- High School Concurrent Program
- Over 60 Program