Applying & Eligibility:
- Written Communication (College English)
- Oral Communication (Speech)
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
Fees & Financial Aid:
Technology and Resources:
Moodle (Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is HSU’s Learning Management System (LMS). Students will have access to the syllabus, course calendar, assignments and other materials and functions via Moodle. Moodle is a web-based program; therefore, you will need a computer with Internet access and an Internet browser to use Moodle for your course.
Technical Requirements – Computer System and Browser
Before logging into Moodle, confirm that your computer hardware, software and settings are correct and compatible with Moodle requirements to be able to run the LMS.
For PC computers:
- Windows XP Operating System or better (Windows 7 preferred)
For Macintosh computers:
- OS X
For all computers:
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 1 GB of free disk space (recommended)
- Broadband Internet connection (DSL or cable recommended)
- Sound card with speakers or headphones (USB headset highly recommended)
- Web camera or built-in computer/laptop camera for courses that may using web conferencing, Skype or other video applications
- The latest version of Java
- Cookies must be enabled
- Pop-up blocker is turned off with the Moodle site added to exceptions)
- Moodle works best with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not support all tools in Moodle.
Some online classes may use the following software:
Some courses at HSU may use Blackboard Collaborate, an online live "classroom."
Special requirements for accessing Collaborate are listed on the Blackboard Collaborate website.