Academic Programs Working Group
Academic Programs will report on existing programming in four areas at HSU (Science, Applied Science, Engineering, and Technology) and create a phased plan to have at least three degree programs in each of the four areas by 2023 (planned year of the polytechnic designation) as well as report on a plan to add three additional programs across all four areas in 2026 and 2029. The goal is to have at least three degree programs in each of the four areas by 2023 and at least six additional programs across all four areas by 2029.
Considerations for Program Build-Out Include:
- Identification of Existing Programming in each of the Four Areas (existing)
- Applied Sciences
- Recommendations for a phased approach and build out to 2023 (designation); 2026 (operating); 2029 (thriving) with considerations for:
- Alignment with HSU Vision and Values
- Community Support and Academic partnerships
- E.g. College of the Redwoods, community colleges, other CSUs, local tribes etc.
- Specialty accreditation (existing and future)
- Student demand (in part based on Cal Poly-SLO and Cal Poly-Pomona programming and limitations to accepting students)
- Workforce Needs Assessment (locally, regionally, state-wide, nationally)
- Unique strengths of our location
- Demonstration of commitment to inclusive STEM education and diverse student success
- Integration of Traditional Ecological Knowledge (TEK) and Community Cultural Knowledge (HSI/MSI)