Certificates & 2nd Degrees
Currently, we are accepting applications from students who wish to pursue a second bachelor's degree in all majors.
We also offer multiple Certificate of Study opportunities
PLEASE NOTE, A Certificate of Study is NOT a Degree-Seeking Program, THEREFORE, you will NOT need to submit the following application information:
- GRE Scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Reference
In the Application under Intended Major: Choose the certificate program from the drop-down menu on the application.
- Emphasis/concentration (if any): Type in "Certificate"
- What is Your Degree Objective: Choose "none"
- "How many total college units…": Choose "have bachelor's degree or equivalent"
- have completed a bachelor's degree at a regionally accredited institution, and
- be in good standing at the last college or university attended, and
- have a 2.5 grade point average in the last degree completed, or have attained a grade point average of 2.5 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester units attempted.
If you later decide to formally enter a graduate program (master's degree) or credential program at Cal Poly Humboldt, you will need to submit a new, graduate level, application for admission.
Please note - there are limitations on using coursework taken while in post-baccalaureate status to complete requirements for a master’s degree. Check with Graduate Studies for more information about the master’s programs at Cal Poly Humboldt.