Transfer Credit Impaction
The following supplemental admission criteria will be used for the academic year 2022-2023.
What is impaction?
Admission to certain majors at Humboldt is competitive because Humboldt continues to receive more qualified applicants than available new student spaces. This situation is called impaction and it means that meeting the minimum California State University (CSU) requirements does not guarantee admission to these majors. Entrance into these programs is a selective and competitive process, and supplemental criteria may be used.
Transfer applicants in Nursing must have completed the following requirements and prerequisite courses (or their equivalent).The number of applicants who can be admitted to the major is limited by space availability. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Earn a nationally recognized, regionally accredited A.D.N.
- Current, clear & active California R.N. license
- Minimum transfer GPA 2.75
- Complete the 8 CSU systemwide nursing prerequisites with a grade of C or better:
- Oral communication (COMM 100)
- Written communication (ENGL 104)
- Critical Thinking (CSU GE A3)
- Chemistry: general, inorganic, organic of integrated (with lab if required at the institution where it was taken)
- Human anatomy with lab [ZOOL 270]
- Human physiology with lab [ZOOL 113]
- Microbiology with lab [BIOL 210]
- Statistics [STAT 108]