background 0background 1background 2background 3


Amenities & Facilities

Resident Services

Need help? Questions about your room? Locked out? Please come to the Jolly Giant Commons (JGC) building and we are here to help!

Please see the Contact & Hours page for current business hours.

Housing Front Desk

3rd floor of the Jolly Giant Commons 

The Housing & Residence Life Office is the central point of contact for our department, and it can be found on the 3rd floor of the JGC. Here you can find answers to all of your Housing & Residence Life and Dining questions. Housing & Residence Life and Dining administrator offices are located here.

At the Housing Office Front Desk, you may:

  • Find programming information
  • Get assistance when locked out of your room or obtain a temporary key
  • Locate lost and found items
  • Report a missing key card or keys
  • Submit maintenance requests
  • Report noise/safety/maintenance/custodial concerns

Information Desk & Recreation Room

1st floor of the Jolly Giant Commons 

The Recreation Room is open daily during the academic year on nights and weekends, where the staff at the Resource Desk can assist residents. In addition, the Information Desk is open in the evenings and weekends. Staff is available to answer any of your Housing & Residence Life and Dining questions. 

Residents have access to:

  • Weight and cardio room
  • Play pool or ping pong
  • Use the study area and charging outlets
  • Use the gaming screen to hook up your own gaming console
  • Watch TV - 3 TV screens with cable
  • Watch Friday night movies on the big screen
  • Watch NFL Sundays
  • Play piano or guitar
  • Checkout games, cookware, equipment, etc...
  • Get assistance when locked out of your room by obtaining a temporary key
  • Report maintenance problems
  • Report noise/safety/maintenance/custodial concerns
  • Locate lost and found items
  • Use the Onity kiosk to change your ID card pin number

Housing Cashier

3rd floor of the Jolly Giant Commons 

Easy access to the Housing Cashier allows for residents to easily make payments, purchase parking permits, buy a new Humboldt ID, as well as making changes to your Housing account and getting questions answered. Any inquiries can be sent to

Mail Services

Please refer to the Reslife & You Handbook for specific mailing address. 

Package & Mail Pickup Locations:

Residents who receive packages or mail are notified through email and text message when their package or mail arrives.

JGC Mail Room - 3rd floor of the Jolly Giant Commons: Creekview, Canyon, Hill & Cypress 

College Creek Mail Room -1st floor of Community Center on Harpst Street: Campus Apartments* & College Creek

*Please note: United States Postal Service (USPS) delivers USPS mail directly to Campus Apartments. Most packages from USPS, as well as UPS, FedEx and other carriers will deliver their packages to the College Creek Mailroom.


Washers and dryers are available at each Residence Hall area. The cost to wash or dry is $1.75 per load.  To load funds to use the machine, residents can download CSC GO, a mobile app that not only can you use to pay for your washing and drying, but it will also tell you what machines are available, and alert you when your load is finished. Each new user will get a free $5.00 when they download the app. The app works with credit, debit, google, apple pay and C-Card.  If you'd rather not use the mobile app, you can also use the wall readers with your Humboldt ID to use your C-Card. Students can add C-Card funds at the Housing Cashier, Student Financial Services, or online.

Here's a short video that describes the features of the CSC GO mobile app.

Stream Movies

All residents can stream movies for free at! Tons of movies and new releases every month. This is exclusive to Housing residents, and you must be in the residence halls to access the site.

ResNet - Residence Hall Internet

Residents are encouraged to review the resources available on the ResNet website and contact the Humboldt Help Desk at (707) 826-4357 for general help connecting to Wi-Fi.  For Housing specific connectivity issues, such as a building outage or to report trouble you may email or open a work order using the Room Maintenance tab in your myHousing portal.

Transportation Options

During the Fall and Spring semesters, all Humboldt students will have unlimited free ride access on the Redwood Transit System (RTS) buses, which serve the Route 101 corridor from Trinidad to Scotia, including Valley East and Valley West in Arcata, the Eureka Transit System (ETS) buses which serve the city of Eureka and Arcata & Mad River Transit System (A&MRTS) which serves the Arcata area, and Willow Creek/Arcata Route which is operated by Humboldt Transit Authority and travels between the communities of Arcata and Willow Creek.

Currently registered students simply slide their Humboldt student identification card through the bus fare box and receive a free ride.

Don't want to bring your bike to campus, or don't have one? Not a problem! We have bikes you can use on-campus as an Humboldt student. Cal Poly Humboldt partners with the City of Arcata to offer a quick, convenient and low-cost method for the community to rent bicycles. Students, faculty, and staff can unlock bikes from docking stations on campus (outside Harry Griffith Hall and Jolly Giant Commons) and in Arcata. Go to the Humboldt Bike Share landing page for details. It's pay as you go! What do you need to know?

  • Users will need to download the Movatic app onto a smart device. 
  • Pay as you go = $1.50 per 30 minutes.
  • Annual membership = $30 with free trips under an hour and $1.50 per 30 minutes thereafter.
  • Humboldt students will receive a discounted annual membership = $20 with free trips under an hour and $1.50 per 30 minutes thereafter. Student must sign up as a member with a email address).
  • Want more information? Go to
  • Watch this video if you need help signing up.

You can have wheels when you want them with Zipcar's car-sharing program. There are five cars available on campus, 24/7, to be reserved by the hour or day. Zipcar is car sharing, an alternative to car rental and car ownership that gives you the freedom to take a car when you want it, and put it back when you're done. This program makes it easy to get off campus whenever you need to while avoiding the hassles and expense of owning a car and finding parking on campus.  For more information go to

Ride Share & Carpool

Students can now utilize the Cal Poly Humboldt Ride Match Service to connect with others interested in sharing rides to/from campus. By carpooling you will enjoy an easier commute, save money on gas and parking, meet new people and even gain access to carpool-only parking! Check out this Ride Match Info for details.

Electric Vehicle Charging

Charging stations are a simple way to “top-off” while on campus. There are ten, Level 2 electric vehicle chargers in the G12 parking lot on campus, and one Level 2 charger in front of the Schatz Energy Research Center. To use the chargers, you will need a ChargePoint account. Set up your account and learn about campus EV charging regulations here. Chargers are available on a first-come-first-served basis.

Parking On-Campus

We encourage students not to bring a car their first year as parking is limited. However, if you are looking into it this option the parking services website provides more information about permits and parking meters.  Also, check out our discounted round-trip bus transportation from Arcata directly to San Francisco or Los Angeles.  Service is offered for Fall Break, Winter Break, and Spring Break. Visit Humboldt's Homeward Bound.

Parking Fees

Campus Dining

Easy access to on-campus dining

Dining Website