background 0background 1background 2background 3


Outdoor Adventures

Camp, hike, kayak, sail, surf...all within minutes of campus. 

Cal Poly Humboldt sits in the middle of an adventurer’s paradise. The Outdoor Adventures program offers a great introduction to getting out and enjoying the beauty of Humboldt County. It's affordable, fun, and the perfect way to meeting outdoor enthusiasts like yourself. If you need a kayak, sleeping bag, or surfboard, our office can rent you all the gear you need. We also offer lessons and boating safety classes to get you started.

Equipment Rentals

From camping to a variety of aquatic recreation, we have an extensive list of gear available for rent. 

Want to go camping but need a backpack, tent, or a hammock? Maybe you need a surfboard, a wetsuit or a kayak? Or perhaps you want to go sailing or go Paddleboarding? Whatever you need - We've got you covered!

Man on a kayak with a child

Outdoor Adventures

Current offering (Registration open)

Current offering (Registration not required)

Future offerings

Past offerings

Personalized Programs

Create your own adventure

Looking for a more personal lesson or have a trip in mind that is not listed? Create the trip or lesson of your dreams in any activity that we offer. Prices vary depending on group size, location, trip duration, food, etc. Check out our already listed programs and suggest a new date or see below for suggested personalized trips.

backpacks sitting next to a tree

Permit Information

Outdoor Adventures holds special use permits with the Shasta-Trinity, Six Rivers and Klamath National Forests, BLM, Humboldt County and California State Parks. We also work closely with Humboldt County Parks, and other agencies as needed. Cal Poly Humboldt is an equal opportunity provider.

This business operates under special use permit with the Shasta-Trinity National Forest

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information is also available in languages other than English.

To file a complaint alleging discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at , or at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provided in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: .