background 0background 1background 2background 3


Vendor Information

Insurance Requirements

Vendors and Contractors offering services which will be performed on the campus are required by the State of California to provide Humboldt with current certification of insurance coverage PRIOR to the performance of the service.

This includes departments purchasing food from an outside vendor. Auto insurance is not required if food is being picked up; however, if food is being delivered to campus then auto insurance is required.

For more details see CSU General Provisions.

Food Vendor Information

All catering provided by Chartwells will be paid for with a ProCard.

Food Vendors/Caterers

For Campus Food Truck and Event Concessions Policies please refer to Conference & Event Services

How to Add a Vendor

  1. Departments can look up all vendors in OBI by using report “2.0.0 Chartfields and Vendors
  2. If the vendor exists, no Payee Data Record Form (STD 204) is required
  3. Notify the vendor that they need to provide the following documents to their insurance provider:

If you have any questions, please contact our office at (707) 826-3512.

Required Documents

Vendors and Contractors interested in being considered for Cal Poly Humboldt commodity, service, or construction (public works) bids:

  1. Complete a Payee Data Record Form (STD 204).
  2. Send the Payee Data Record Form (STD 204) and your insurance documents (see How to Add a Vendor, above), along with a line card, information packet and/or catalog relating to your firm, to Contracts & Procurement at Please send only one information packet or catalog.

Certified Small Business (SB) & Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)

  • If your firm is certified by the State of California as a Small Business and/or a Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise, please include a copy of each Certificate with the information package.
  • The State of California, Department of General Services, has a great website designed to help those who purchase find qualified Small and Disabled Veteran businesses. Information on how to become a certified vendor is also available. Check out the DGS website and support SB and DVBE.