background 0background 1background 2background 3


ResNet Common Questions

Wireless Networks: HSUConnect, eduroam, or ResnetWireless?

HSUConnect is a one-time use onboarding network used to connect you to Humboldt's official secure wireless network, eduroam. Connect your laptop, wireless desktop, mobile phone, or tablet to this network and follow the automated instructions to get connected to eduroam. Additional instructions are located on the ITS Wireless for Students, Faculty & Staff page

eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. It is the best choice for secure wireless Internet access for laptops and mobile phones and is available everywhere on campus, as well as globally at participating organizations, with over 900 locations in the US alone. Simply connect and login with your Humboldt email and password.
More Info...

ResnetWireless is the open wireless network dedicated for gaming consoles, streaming media players, smart TVs and other devices that can't authenticate with a secure network like eduroam. It is only available in the Residence Halls (Canyon, Creekview, Cypress, the Hill (Redwood & Sunset), Campus Apartments, and College Creek).

What is ResNet?

ResNet is the high-speed wired and wireless network available to residents living in Humboldt Housing's residence halls. ResNet is also a help desk located on the 1st floor of the Jolly Giant Commons Rec Room, where residents can call, email or stop by for free assistance with their devices online, get advice, or have a virus removed.

How much does ResNet cost?

ResNet is available in all resident halls at no additional fee.

What do I need to connect to ResNet?

To connect to ResNet your device must be Wi-Fi capable or have an Ethernet port and patch cable. Once connected you will need to log in with your Humboldt username and password.

Can I use a personal wireless router, extender or network switch?

No. Personal wireless routers, extenders, access points, or switches are not allowed in the residence halls. They can cause network problems, interfere with the residence hall enterprise wireless system and can pose a security risk. If any such network devices are discovered on the network, they will be blocked from accessing the network. Please refer to the ResNet Acceptable Use Policy for the full list of policies.

I'm living in the Campus Apartments. What do I need to know?

The Campus Apartments building does not have Ethernet connections. ResNet is available via Wi-Fi throughout the building.

Can I connect my smart phone, tablet, gaming console, etc. to ResNet?

Yes! Check out the Getting Connected page for additional detail.

Can I connect my wireless printer to ResNet?

No. Due to security concerns and potential interference with the Wi-Fi system, wireless printers are not allowed on ResNet. Please disable Wi-Fi on the printer and connect it directly to your desktop/laptop using a USB cable. USB cables are available in the Humboldt Bookstore for purchase.
Alternatively, you can print to over 60 Pay for Print printers on campus using your C-Card. The Print Station located in the JGC Rec Room is capable of being printed to from your personal device using the instructions HERE. Simply choose the "Jolly Giant Commons Kiosk" and follow the instructions to get setup.
More Info...