background 0background 1background 2background 3


Alcohol at Humboldt Sponsored Events

Approval of Service and Consumption of Alcohol

Anyone wishing to serve or consume alcohol at an Humboldt sponsored event must have prior approval unless the event is on campus and Chartwells is the alcohol provider. The approval process ensures that the appropriate conditions and mechanisms are in place in order for this activity to take place in alignment with university policy.

Requests to serve alcoholic beverages shall be submitted to the office of Risk Management and Safety Services (RM&SS) for approval no later than five business days prior to the event. If the event is on campus and using Chartwells as the alcohol provider, alcohol permit is not required.

Once approved, copies of the approval will be forwarded by RM&SS to the requestor and the University Police Department.

When considering requests for the serving of alcoholic beverages, the Risk Manager has sole discretion to accept or reject requests based on facts, determining whether the serving of alcoholic beverages is judged to be appropriate to the event.

Approval Forms