background 0background 1background 2background 3


Institutional Aid

Humboldt Financial Aid has some of its own institutional money; funds are very competitive and also limited, which is why we highly encourage students to submit a Financial Aid application and apply for scholarships on the first day applications are available.

Educational Opportunity Program Grant (EOPG)

The EOPG is a grant awarded to first-year full-time undergraduate students admitted through the Humboldt Educational Opportunity Program/Student Support Services. This fund is awarded at the discretion of the Director of EOP/SSS.

State University Grant (SUG)

You must be classified as a California Resident (or an AB540 eligible student) in order to be considered for the State University Grant (SUG), which is for payment of CSU tuition and is the equivalent of your yearly tuition charge. The SUG is not applied to campus based fees. This grant may be reduced or cancelled if student fees are waived or paid by another source, including Cal Grants. Initial SUG awards are based on the level of financial need and are awarded at the full-time level and for the full year.

Enrollment: Undergraduate and credential students must be enrolled in 6 units or more in order to be eligible for this fund. Graduate students must be enrolled in 5 units or more.

Fund Limit:  For undergraduates and credential students the earned unit limit is 150 units. For graduates, the earned unit limit varies depending on the academic program.

Please note: Students pursuing a second Bachelor's, second Credential, or second Master's degree are not SUG eligible.

Humboldt Scholarships

Cal Poly Humboldt has many scholarships that could assist you in paying for your education.  Amounts vary from $500 to $4000 annually, and some are renewable.  Humboldt awards approximately $600,000 in scholarships annually. Full list of Scholarships

For the 2024/2025 school year, scholarship applications will be open November 15th, 2023 and close on March 4th, 2024. Apply for Scholarships by clicking the Quick Link on myHumboldt

Cal Poly Humboldt is a member of the California Collegiate Athletic Association, NCAA Division II Athletic Conference, offers athletic grants-in-aid to selected athletes. Contact the Humboldt Athletics Department for further information.

For more scholarship information, visit Other Types of Aid for tips on how to apply for private scholarships.

The California Dream Loan

The California Dream Loan is a subsidized loan program developed to assist the California Dream Act students, who also qualify for AB-540 status.  The Dream Loan provides an option to California Dream Act students to borrow loans to help cover the cost of attending Cal Poly Humboldt. If eligible, the Dream loan will be added to you award package as offered for you to accept. Once you accept your loan, you will need to complete the Dream Loan Requirements which will appear on your To Do List. Once the Dream Loan Requirements are available, you will receive an email from Heartland/ECSI regarding your next steps. PLEASE NOTE: When asked for your Social Security Number, please provide your Humboldt ID instead.

The Dream Loan is a subsidized loan which does not accrue interest while you are enrolled in college at least half-time. Repayment of your Dream Loan typically begins 6 months after you graduate or drop below half-time enrollment.

CA Dream Loan borrowers have a standard repayment and income based repayment plan available. For more information visit Under Download Forms search for California State University (Dream Loans).

For details regarding the California Dream Loan please contact our office.