background 0background 1background 2background 3


Requirements of Accepting Aid

By accepting your award offers, you are acknowledging you have read and are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined below:

  • I am meeting the minimum enrollment requirements and maintaining satisfactory academic progress toward completion of the course of study I am pursuing, according to the standards and practices established by Cal Poly Humboldt. Please refer to the "Satisfactory Academic Progress" section of this guide.
  • I understand that to receive assistance from the Federal Title IV programs or Humboldt scholarships, I must comply with the statements below. The Federal Title IV programs include: Federal Pell Grant (Pell), Federal Loan Programs (Stafford/PLUS/Direct Loans), Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS), Federal Perkins Loan (PL), and the Teacher Education Assistance and Access to Higher Education (TEACH) Grant.
  • I understand that a financial aid award does not imply admission to the university. Aid will be disbursed when admission status is cleared.
  • My unofficial withdrawal, official withdrawal, or failure to meet attendance requirements may result in a billing for financial aid funds received, which must be returned to the Student Financial Aid programs. This may also result in unpaid University Fees and housing charges if I have signed a license for on-campus residence. Dropping units via the web is not an official withdrawal (see page 21).
  • I must promptly report, via Change Form online to the Financial Aid Office, any changes or corrections to: my class level or unit enrollment; receipt of outside aid, scholarships, or benefits; tuition fees, books, transportation, parking, or other expense coverage from any outside agency. This information may result in a reduction of my award and/or require repayment of funds already received during the academic year. Scholarships and outside resources cannot replace the expected family contribution (EFC). Initial awards are for full time; inform us via Change Form online if you are attending less than full time.
  • If I (or my parents) submit false information, my financial aid is subject to immediate cancellation, and I may be required to repay any funds received on the basis of such information.
  • I agree to accept responsibility for repayment of any loans disbursed to me. I understand that if I receive a Perkins Loan and withdraw or cease to be enrolled full time, I must report to Student Financial Services, 2nd floor, Student and Business Services Building (SBS), and arrange for the terms of repayment. I will check with the Financial Aid Office regarding withdrawal/repayment policies for other federal student loans.
  • My actual eligibility may differ from my original award. My program of study (e.g., bachelor's, teaching credential, master's, etc.), grade level, annual and aggregate federal loan limits, outside resources, corrections made to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and other factors may require adjustments to my award.
  • My financial aid is contingent upon continuation of the federal and state programs indicated on the most recent award notification. The University must receive all anticipated federal and state allocations to meet our commitments of financial assistance. The cost of attendance and the amounts of some aid programs, such as the State University Grant and Cal Grant, are dependent upon fees determined after passage of the California state budget. Final amounts for financial aid might be different than shown on award notifications prepared before state and federal budgets are finalized.
  • If I fail to respond promptly to any information request from the Financial Aid Office, I understand that my aid may be reduced or cancelled.
  • I will meet my responsibilities as listed under Rights and Responsibilities.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the requirements for accepting your financial aid, please do not hesitate to contact our office.