background 0background 1background 2background 3


The Fine Print

Consumer Information

The published information is required to be published and available for students, employees and the general public, by the Higher Education Act of 1965 and the Higher Education Amendments of 1998, per 34 CFR Part 668, Student Assistance General provisions, Subpart D, Institutional and Financial Assistance Information for Students, 668.41 through 668.49. This list also contains disclosures of information regarding student rights required by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA) of 1974; the Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990; the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1990, the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act of 1995 and the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.

The required disclosure of information includes specific student rights regarding education records and directory information under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); information about financial aid, student rights and responsibilities, study abroad, satisfactory academic progress, aid disbursement, loan terms, loan repayment and deferral, federal requirements for return of funds; Equity in Athletics disclosures about participation, completion and graduation rates of student athletes, gender ratios, expenses, recruiting and revenues; institutional statistics such as completion, graduation and transfer out rates, academic information regarding faculty, facilities and accreditation; special facilities for disabled students; campus safety, annual campus security reports, crime awareness and safety reports; prevention of drug and alcohol abuse and specific information regarding fees, refunds and withdrawal.

You may request a paper copy of this list from the Financial Aid Office. Location of the actual information is updated periodically, and every attempt is made to be accurate and timely. If you need assistance in locating information in these categories, please contact the Financial Aid Office and a consumer information advisor will assist you. Your request may also be referred to the area responsible for providing the information.

A detailed list of sources for this information is also available in "The Fine Print" section of the Humboldt Catalog.